When you look at the waxing pros and cons it looks pretty annoying. This painful process involved paying someone to slather hot wax all over your body. Then, you get to grimace as they rip giant chunks of your hair out of your skin over and over. Finally, You glance down at your hairless but now very tender, red, irritated skin. Now you have to ask yourself why people do such a thing.
Waxing Pros and Cons
- Waxing removes the entire hair from the root. That means, at least you get yourself anywhere from three to six weeks of smooth skin!
- Because you remove the hair completely, you also get the benefit of having the hair grow back thinner. This reduces stubble as the hair grows back.
- Having a esthetician remove your hair from you requires so little work on your part! All you have to do is lay back and allow them to work. So different from shaving.
- Unlike shaving, waxing also leave no razor cuts or burns that you have to cover up and stop from bleeding.
- Lastly, waxing takes less time out of your day than pretty much any other form of hair removal. Everyone likes a little more time to do other things.
- Waxing requires that you have about a quarter-inch of hair growth. The esthetician needs something for the wax to grab ahold of.
- An esthetician costs anywhere from $35 to $80 dollars to wax your body hair. The price depends on where you want waxed, and the salon quality.
- Unlike most other hair removal forms, you have much more pain involved in waxing. You also have the risk of burns or scarring if the esthetician gets the wax to hot.
- Unfortunately, the benefit of pulling the hair completely out comes with a cost. As the hair grows back, it can double over and quickly become an ingrown hair.
- Waxing also takes of the top-most layer of skin. Unfortunately, that skin, along with your hair blocks infections. Removing it via wax leaves you much more prone to infection if not take care of extra well.
Waxing comes with many benefits. However, like most things in life, it comes at a cost. You have several options for hair removal, so weigh them carefully as you develop your own beauty routine.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.